So we are closing in on two months in our new home. We’re starting to feel settled. It’s a work in progress, but it feels good. Even if the kids do still ask when we are going back to Rome.
The other day I mentioned Gretchen Rubin’s Ta Da list. The idea being that instead of focusing on the never ending To Dos, to reflect on everything you have accomplished. Ta Da!
Especially because I worry we are never doing enough or trying enough, I thought it would be fun to look back on everything we HAVE done.
- Visited the KL bird park with lunch at the adjacent Hornbill Cafe
- Brief trip to the Orchid Gardens in the Lake Gardens (the kids fell asleep)
- Hiked the canopy walk at Menara Tower KL Eco Park, hit the mini zoo, and visited the Tower’s observation deck
- Day date with James where we visited the National Mosque, Islamic Arts Museum, and lunch at the Colonial Cafe in the Majestic Hotel
- Church at St. Mary’s Cathedral, visited Merdeka Square, and hit the Central Market
- One round of golf (just James)
- Brief walk around the KLCC park
- Tour of Royal Selangor Pewter with a session at the School of Hard Knocks (just me and Henry)
- Great Eastern
- Ampang Point
- My Town
- Rama V (LOVE their lunch set menu deal)
- Wadi Hadramawt (SO GOOD and SO CHEAP)
- Wild Honey
- La Mexicana
- Brussels Beer Cafe
- Ippudo (Pavilion mall)
- Conveyor belt sushi at Pavilion mall (can’t remember which place)
- (Other food court meals I can’t remember)
- 20X French Bistro (just me)
- LegoLand Malaysia for Henry’s birthday
- Upcoming weekend to Melaka/Malacca
- Fall break to Siem Reap, Cambodia
On the home front
- Received all of our stuff. Unpacked most of it.
- Gotten pictures hung up (the Embassy helps on this here. Nice right?)
- Ordered wall decals and hung some of them
- Tried grocery delivery from Happy Fresh
- Gotten meat delivery from Blue Cow Butcher
- Enjoyed many meals delivered by Food Panda
- Been to play dates at four kids’ homes
- Attended one birthday party
On the school front
- Gotten the boys settled in a new school (well, ongoing process)
- Attended Parade Day celebration
- Attended parent-teacher conferences
- Attended one Parent Association meeting
On the fitness front
- Attended 3 Crossfit style classes at the Embassy. Purchased a class package.
- Toured gym for CrossFit GTX
- Attended a water zumba class
- Attended an acro yoga class at Our Body Space. Purchased a one month unlimited class package to see which classes I like best.
That’s all I can think of at the moment. I’m sure I’m forgetting some things. It is nice to look back and see that we’ve done things. Although I’m sitting here thinking that maybe we should have done more which is completely NOT the point of this exercise, but I’m a crazy person so there you go.
(For pics of more of this, check out my Instagram.)
Happy weekend everyone!